Monday, November 22, 2010

It's been a very crazy couple of weeks...

Holy crap! It's been an insane couple of weeks for me. It's all been good things. I've felt very productive "which is a rare thing for me to feel". Last week was an absolute whirlwind. I started out the morning heading out to my old alma mater Musicians Institute in Hollywood. I shot a video for their "Success Story" video series which was pretty cool. I was honored that they would ask me to come out and do that.

Eric Knight - MI Success Story Shoot


Eric Knight - MI Success Story Shoot

Eric Knight - MI Success Story Shoot

Eric Knight - MI Success Story Shoot

Eric Knight - MI Success Story Shoot

Eric Knight - MI Success Story Shoot





Then it was off to have lunch with at my bassist Daniele Decario's place. We had a great time. Got to listen to some incredible music that Daniele has created for film & TV projects. His wife Ingrid prepared Rochella and myself an incredible brunch that was absolutely delicious. We stayed and talked about Italy and all the non-Italian dishes that America has created which are unheard of in Italy. It was hilarious to hear that. And all this time I thought Alfredo Fettuchini  was a classic Italian dish, WRONG!

Interviews @ West LA Music
After that it was off to the Musicians Union Local 47 in Hollywood. I met up with VP of the union John Acosta. Just recently met him over at a recent industry event. I went to meet up to talk to him about joining the union and what were the advantages of doing so. I was pleasantly surprised by all the cool services they offer their membership and was convinced that I would be doing this in 2011! We also talked about going to Cuba of all things since he had just been down there. I had expressed an interest that I wanted to go visit the homeland myself in the new year. He told me what to do and what to avoid while I was there. All in all a great meeting. He had another phone meeting to tend to so I had to high tail it out of there to my next mission if I so decided.

The next stop in my journey was to West LA Music in where else, West LA. I met up with long time supporter and equipment guru Randy Fuchs from Artist Relations. Randy has been responsible for getting most if not all my product endorsements since I've been performing for years now. I did some quick testimonial videos for my endorsees MXL & Brace Audio. Also met up with the VP of MXL Mics while we were there. Great guy he had just informed me that he saw my name on there performers list for NAMM 2011 in which I will be representing MXL during the convention. MXL just ROCKS! And so does Brace Audio wireless. Here's a pic of me below during the interviews... Whew and that was just Friday.



Saturday a little less hectic. I had a performance with my drummer Forrest for a great cause "Empty Bowls". It was the second year I was doing it. I was super psyched and glad that Forrest and his wife Paige invited me to perform there again. Empty Bowls is a grassroots effort and movement to end hunger everywhere. I don't understand how in this day and age of abundance we still have people going hungry. Here are some pics from the event below...

Empty Bowls event 11.13.2010

Empty Bowls event 11.13.2010


 Empty Bowls event 11.13.2010


 Empty Bowls event 11.13.2010

Empty Bowls event 11.13.2010



All in all it has been a great few weeks leading into the end of the year. I'm very excited this week to head over to see my family for the Thanksgiving holiday. May all of your families and friends have a great holiday. I'll be back with an update very soon... Happy Thanksgiving. Eric

No comments: